Monday 21 November 2011

collaborating on ePals




ePals is a k-12 online educational collaborating site. Many teachers use ePals to improve students writing or communication skills by apply accounts for the whole class and then collaborate with classes abroad, which is a great idea, some teachers encourage students to find a pen mate or “pen pal” at ePals so they have the opportunity to create a one to one learning and communicating relationships in improving their own skills. I would also encourage my students to do so.

What I like about the site is that it is not only opened for teachers and students all around the world, but also that it is opened to families as well, a user-friendly site for all learners. You can also choose projects to collaborate, there is even a search engine for you to choose your own preference of country and language.

As a teacher, I would want my students to collaborate with people from other countries, they are sure to learn more than their textbook. For the simplest thing, I can train their writings skills, for example, in English by forcing them to collaborate with students from other countries that don’t know their native language. I can also share and collaborate with other teachers to improve my own skills. ePals is really a great site for education and collaboration.

1 comment:

  1. You have pointed out one of the features that I appreciate about the site - that it can be used by individual families. So if a parent wants to have students participate they can take the initiative.

    ReplyDelete