Monday 14 November 2011

Digital storytelling with photos or pictures




 Animoto, Slideroll, or Stupeflix are good sites to make digital story videos, they are user friendly so they can be grasp even by those who are not familiar with film making; thus it can be a good way for students to get started to make their won films. I can assign them to make a digital story in my own field (please see to my old post Digital storytelling). This is a more advance step to start in making their own digital stories, and I would hope they can learn to combine academics and technologies well.

The subject of pictures I use are from a web comic called Axis Powers Hetalia, a controversial comic that “presents an allegorical interpretation of political and historic events, particularly of the World War II era, in which the various countries are represented by stereotyped anthropomorphic characters.” I choose this comic because I want them to think and debate about the short film I made. It can be a discussion about stereotypes, or about the history behind all the countries, or even about peace and war.

By using Stupeflix and other tool, I want them to see that a digital story videos is not as hard as many people thought and hook them up with technologies by using them. I also want them to brainstorm on their own favorites, whether it be their favorite hobbies or movies, or experiences they had and can be shared with others. Furthermore, I want to broad the use of the technologies into classes and make the lessons more colorful.

1 comment:

  1. I think your story has demonstrated that creating a digital story could be a good introduction to a lesson.

    ReplyDelete